My First Blog Post!

     I enrolled into Journalism 216 because news & reporting is the field I'd love to work in post college.         

    My dream is to be a reporter for ESPN, gathering and reporting news for sports geeks such as myself to indulge in. 

    As of now, I am a Journalism/Communications major. My whole life, I've never envisioned myself working in another workforce aside from the world of sports. That is where my heart lays. 

    Staying up late watching Pac-12 after-dark football games, traveling state-to-state to catch the biggest games of the year while sitting in the nosebleeds, is what I desire most. 

    My hope is this class gives me a strong, basic introduction into the world of journalism, by prepping me for real world interviews, real world stories, and dealing with big people. Countless of times I've watched reporters get choked up while interviewing, or simply conversing with big name people, quite simply due to them being big name people. 

    I want this class to turn me into a fearless reporter! Unafraid of being shut down, people being angry with my questions; anything that can and will potentially go wrong during an interview, I want to be ready for it. 

    The first story I'll be writing is about the LBCC Women's Basketball win over the Umpqua Riverhawks on the 11th of January, 2023. Following that will be a breakdown of Ron Wyden's town hall meeting here at Linn-Benton from this past Wednesday the 11th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LB Women's Basketball knocks off Chemeketa 69-46 in their first conference matchup of the season